When we think of wellness, our minds think about how our bodies feel. Are we in pain? Sore? Exhausted? Excited? Sick? But there is more to wellness than just your physical feeling. Wellness is the practice to improve one’s health, and it includes mental health. Emotionally, it is good to practice self-care by setting clear boundaries regarding your time and energy. Surrounding yourself with positive messages and people will help create a more positive mindset. Mental wellness can be achieved by doing things that make you happy and feel calm.
Here are some activities you can do to work on your mental wellness today:
- Get more sleep: Sleep can have a profound impact on your day-to-day energy and mood.
- Healthier eating: Eat fewer processed foods and more fresh fruit and vegetables can help you feel better both physical and mentally.
- Meditation and relaxation: Taking time without distraction to focus your mind and energy can help down the volume of stress and anxiety.
- Take time to enjoy one of your hobbies, it allows your mind to take a break to relax and focus on something enjoyable instead of the stressors of daily life.
- Get some fresh air and natural vitamin D, the rewards of spending even 10 minutes outside will surprise you.
- Increasing your water intake will help your body and mind function smoother.
National Wellness Month is the perfect time to work on your overall mental wellness. Even little steps can have dramatic effects over time.
CBHomeCare and our Family of Providers are happy to assist you with assessing your family’s needs and helping to provide the care necessary to help keep your loved one at home where they want to be. Please feel free to call us at 800-700-0008, and we will be happy to answer all of your questions. You can also click here to read about our services.